Most people are using complementary medicine because they experience these healthcare alternatives to be more agreeable with their own beliefs, ethics and philosophical ideas. 77% of Australians use natural medicines at least once a year and 20% visit a complementary medicine practitioner annually.
HOW DO WE GET THE BEST OUT OF NATURAL MEDICINE?
See an expert! Darren Grech has dedicated his life to mastering this science.
The Principles of Natural Medicine
1) Do no harm; provide the most effective health care available with the least risk to patients at all times.
2) Recognize, respect and promote the self-healing power of nature inherent in each individual human being. Often called ‘qi’ or ‘prana’.
3) Identify and remove the causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress symptoms.
4) Educate, inspire rational hope and encourage self-responsibility for health
5) Treat each person by considering all individual health factors and influences.
6) Emphasize the condition of health to promote well-being and to prevent diseases for the individual, each community and our world.
What is Disease
Mainstream medicine believes many diseases to be caused by bacteria or virus’s. Mainstream medicine only deals with the end products of disease and therefore will not actually eradicate chronic disease as they do not treat the processes involved before the end product or pathology.
Natural Therapists perceive the disease symptoms to be the body’s response to the morbific agent and its effort to heal itself. In mainstream medicine the aim is to destroy the disease agent. Therefore pharmaceuticals are chemicals which often kill the agent for example Anti-biotics. Mainstream medicine also interferes with our bodies own natural defence mechanisms against bacterias & virus’, for eg. fever lowering drugs and immunosuppressants like cortisone etc.
The natural therapist will look for the causative factors associated with the imbalance causing the entire complexity of the illness, whether it is physical, emotional or mental. These three fields cannot in reality be separated & therefore should not be treated separately. Mainstream medicine is reductionist.
Holism (its opposite) explains that the whole is more than the sum of its parts and these parts cannot be fully understood if studied & examined separately. An example is stress (felt on emotional level) which could cause many symptoms like muscular aches, teeth grinding, insomnia or high blood pressure, which are also physical symptoms. Just treating the physical level like giving a sleeping drug will never actually cure the problem.
However when the primary levels are treated real balance is established and the condition is actually cured. The aim is helping the body’s own natural defence system. It has been shown that the continual use of chemical drugs cause severe harm and eventually lead to even more severe & complicated disease (iatrogenic disease (from pharmaceuticals) is the 4th biggest killer in the west).
For an appointment see Contacts
Perth Practitioner of Natural Medicine